; Plisherrific: Blorange Bliss - Barielle Falling Star

Mar 25, 2013

Blorange Bliss - Barielle Falling Star


 "Maybe orange and blue is not the best. But you know, sometimes there's other things you wouldn't think would be a good combination, end up turning out to be like a perfect combination.You know, like two people together. Who nobody thought would be together. Ever."

So, I thought this quote was hilariously appropriate for the mani I've got for you today. Like two people nobody thought would be together (ever), here's blue and orange in an absolutely winning combination.

[Bottle to nail: Barielle Falling Star (3 coats)]
This is Barielle Falling Star - a slightly dusty medium blue creme/jelly with orange glitter. Now, I don't really subscribe to the whole X must never be seen with Y, and this is a stunning example of non-conventional colour mixes. Note that the blue is dustier in real life than my photos make it out to be.

[3 coats: Barielle Falling Star]
The formula was alright. It could've been better in my opinion as the first coat was fairly streaky. I think you can get away with two but I used three for mine.

[3 coats: Barielle Falling Star]
What this polish absolutely excels in though, is the orange glitter. A good proportion somehow remains at the surface instead of sinking into the blue and getting muddied up. You do get some slightly submerged particles but because the majority remains on the surface, that gives it depth instead!

Definitely a unique polish and one I'll keep in my collection!


2 comments: