; Plisherrific: Winter Florals - Transparent Flowers Pink Green Floral, China Glaze For Audrey

Jul 23, 2012

Winter Florals - Transparent Flowers Pink Green Floral, China Glaze For Audrey


A rare instance where I'm posting a mani that's actually on my nails right now!

[We're past mid-winter, aren't we? Springtime soon!]
I was pretty pleased with this floral combination~ =) Transparent foil transfers are fun because you can completely change the look depending on what base colour to pick.

[Bottle to nail: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats)]
I started with a base of China Glaze For Audrey. To be honest, I picked this up because it's just one of those polishes that should be in one's polish collection...

[1-2 coats: China Glaze For Audrey]
It is very pretty though! And I managed to get away with one thick coat or two thin ones. The formula is pretty good and levels quite well even if you don't get your strokes completely even.

I then popped some foil glue on and waited for it to be tacky. The absolute minimum I would wait is 5 minutes. 10 minutes is even better. The longer you wait, the better your chance of transferring the entire pattern without breaks!

[Base: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats); Foil: Gold Floral Meadow]
Tada! Here we go! This is Transparent Flowers Pink Green Floral (!!), a semi-transparent foil with pink, teal, and gold highlights. I've seen it foiled over white and that looks pretty too but I love florals on blue so I wanted to try this combination out!

[Base: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats); Foil: Gold Floral Meadow]
As for topcoat... remember, you can not use quick dry formulas with foil transfers! A cheap, non-wrinkle topcoat that I've found is Essence Gel-look topcoat! Not only that, it dries fairly fast and gives a nice glossy finish. Bonus! I actually ordered some nail foil sealer so I'll let you know how that goes once I receive it.
 
[Base: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats); Foil: Gold Floral Meadow]
One more close-up! Foil transfers don't last very long though! They tend to peel fairly quickly but one way to reduce that is to add a fresh layer of topcoat every day. I usually don't bother... because peeling polish means... NEW MANI TIME! =p



6 comments:

  1. I love this!! I haven't tried foils before, but this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out! Once you figure it out, they're a really quick and easy way to do an impressive-looking mani!

      Delete
  2. That's really beautiful.. I can't believe it's a foil! I thought it was stamped and filled in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely much quicker than stamping and filling in! ;) This is the easy way out~

      Delete
  3. Where did you get the goil transfers from?
    This mani looks fab, very spring. Even though it feels like ages untill we are out of this darn aussie winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SOOO looking forward to warmer weather, especially after last dud of a summer! I got these foil transfers on ebay! They should be fairly quick to find if you go on ebay.com (not the au site, I think the foils are from a UK seller) and search for foil transfers!

      Delete