; Plisherrific: Purple Rainbow - Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet

Jul 5, 2012

Purple Rainbow - Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet

This is going to be a quick one! I slapped this on in a rush, because I needed some happy in my life and my Layla polishes arrived, so I just needed to try Layla Cloudy Effect. Please ignore the little bits of polish on my cuticles that I missed and just focus on the holo! D:


[Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet]
Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet does not disappoint in terms of holographic goodness. There is so much holo here, it's like an explosion of rainbow. 



[Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet]
Howeeeevvveeer, the nail polish isn't very purple. The photos are picking up the purple shade really well, but in person, it's actually a gray-purple, which is a tad disappointing, but not that surprising. I think that's how Layla holos are like. The more vibrant the colour, the less holo there is. The more holo there is, the less vibrant the base polish. I guess the same applies for frankenpolishes with spectraflair.



[Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet]
I do wish it was as purple in person as it is in these photos! It really is more of a gray-purple than purple. But really, the holo still blows me away. Layla's holos photograph so easily, and the holo is still brilliant in low lighting, which I hardly ever see with other polishes.



[Layla Hologram Effect Cloudy Violet]
So here's a photo taken with my iPhone of my nails against the bottle. In person, and I think you can see it here as well, the nail polish looks darker and has more holo on the nails than in the bottle. And doesn't the holo look insane here? RAINBOW EVERYWHERE!

Layla's holo polishes are by far the most holographic nail polishes I own and have seen. If you're looking to get Cloudy Violet, just set your expectations for a dusky purple.

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I really need to get a holographic polish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holographic polishes are a necessity, imo! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! Stunning color. I love purple holos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is super pretty! Gorgeous rainbows happening on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rainbows on the nails is one of the best things ever!

      Delete