; Plisherrific: Grim Greening Ghosts - Halloween Challenge #3: Ghosts

Oct 8, 2012

Grim Greening Ghosts - Halloween Challenge #3: Ghosts


I swear this seemed like a better idea in my head! Anyway, here's my attempt for Halloween Challenge #3... GHOSTS!!

[Help! We're blobbbyyy~!!]
I'll try not to talk too much... =p I didn't want to use a plain black base so I decided to use Milani Enchantment from the Black Magic Halloween collection a few years back...

[Bottle to nail: Milani Enchantment (1 coat over black)]
Milani Enchantment is a black jelly with lots of superfine blurple microglitter. It would probably be opaque in 2-3 coats, but in the interest of easy removal, I layered one coat of it over a plain black creme (LA Girl Blackout, as usual).

[1 coat: Milani Enchantment (over black)]
Unfortunately the glitter is so fine that it looks pretty much like a plain black... it would have been sparklier in the sun but it was super rainy when I took these pics so no shiny to see here!

[Bottle: Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Glow in Dark in Glow]
I then used Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Glow in Dark polish (in Glow...) and stamped a couple of images on from my Bundle Monster plates: Bats on pinky (BM13), castle on ring (BM224), ghosts on middle and index (BM223).

[Stamping: WnW FM Glow over Milani Enchantment]
However, because the stamping layer was so thin, I had trouble with the images not glowing for very long after I turned the lights out, oh no! So I had to colour in the pattern a little with a little brush... hence the blobbiness, oh dear...

... and now for magical glowy pics!! =)

[In the dark: Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Glow in Dark in Glow]
Here's the bottle of polish - isn't it gorgeously glowy!

[In the dark: Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Glow in Dark in Glow]
And then my nails, complete with blobby ghost close-up!! This was pretty fun despite the troubles... especially trying to force my camera to focus in the dark... I think glow-in-the-dark polish can be really fun! Maybe I'll do a full glow-in-the-dark mani the next time I go watch a movie, hehehehe....





2 comments: