; Plisherrific: Ash and Embers - China Glaze Riveting, LA Girl Glitter Addict Flamboyant + Uninhibited

Oct 18, 2012

Ash and Embers - China Glaze Riveting, LA Girl Glitter Addict Flamboyant + Uninhibited


I wanted to get a quick post up before the next Halloween challenge entry on Friday because it's related and I didn't want to have an overly lengthy post for the challenge.

[Full of glowy goodness!]

I couldn't figure out what to name this post at first but Ash and Embers really quite fits the look of this manicure! I guess this would be a ... glitter gradient french manicure?

[Bottle to nail: China Glaze Riveting (2 coats)]
I started with a base of China Glaze Riveting from the Hunger Games collection. This is seriously... one of the best polishes I've ever used. Creamy, rich pigment with a sparkly glossy finish. My skintone looks a bit wonky here but the colour is as true as I could get it. SO amazing.

[2 coats: China Glaze Riveting]
This was two coats, but you can get away with one if you needed to.

[2 coats: China Glaze Riveting]
The photo just above is under diffuse lighting whereas the one above it is less diffuse. Sorry for the photo spam but I was so super duper impressed. I'm a big fan of orange and I have wayyy more orange polishes than any one person needs, but this one is such a gem!

[Base: China Glaze Riveting (2 coats); Glitter: LA Girl Flamboyant, Uninhibited]
I then swiped on a layer of LA Girl Glitter Addict in Flamboyant from about midway to the end of each nail. Flamboyant is a combination of small and large orange hex glitter. The glitter is just deeper in shade than CG Riveting so it still stands out withou being toooo different.

[Base: China Glaze Riveting (2 coats); Glitter: LA Girl Flamboyant, Uninhibited]
I dabbed on LA Girl Uninhibited over the last 1/3 of the nail towards the tip, then tipped them all with a plain black creme (LA Girl Blackout). Simple! Black and orange make such a beautiful contrast. =)  

Annnddd, that's it!



1 comment:

  1. I like this look. That orange is really something, and black glitter on it is a total win! :)

    ReplyDelete