; Plisherrific: Subtle Gem - Rimmel Double Decker Red, Femme Fatale Cosmetics Mana Ruby

Nov 14, 2016

Subtle Gem - Rimmel Double Decker Red, Femme Fatale Cosmetics Mana Ruby


Sometimes I just want to go back to basics with a nice simple bright red nail.

[Bottle to nail: Rimmel Double Decker Red (2 coats)]
Red cremes have been around for ages so most companies do it well. This is true of Rimmel's Double Decker Red from the Lasting Finish range. 

[2 coats: Rimmel Double Decker Red]
What a lovely shade of red, and what a great name for it too! A nice no-fuss one-coater although I did two here for maximum richness.

[2 coats: Rimmel Double Decker Red]
Lovely and glossy with a decent dry time, no complaints here! Also I picked it up for $1 at Chemist Warehouse...so REALLY no complaints... =p

[Bottle to nail: Femme Fatale Mana Ruby (1 coat);
Base: Rimmel Double Decker Red (2 coats)]
I wanted to keep it simple, but with a bit of hidden pizzazz so I put one coat of Mana Ruby from Femme Fatale Cosmetics over the top. Mana Ruby is a pinky-red jelly with red hexes and iridescent blue tiny and medium hex glitter.

[Base: Rimmel Double Decker Red (2 coats);
Topper: Femme Fatale Mana Ruby (1 coat)]
It really is quite subtle, especially just as a one coat topper. I've never used Mana Ruby on its own although it looks great in posts I've seen on other blogs - it's always seemed a bit sheer to me so I've never tried. Maybe one day! I imagined the iridescent hexes would look amazing layered!


0 comments:

Post a Comment