; Plisherrific: Rainbow Scales - Born Pretty

Aug 2, 2018

Rainbow Scales - Born Pretty

Today, I'm trying out something with an awesome name, but which my photos just can't do it any justice. This is Born Pretty's Holographic Unicorn Nail Powder BX07.

[Born Pretty's Holographic Unicorn Nail Powder BX07 over black base and pale blue base]
So, my photos are completely misleading. The holographic unicorn nail powder BX07 is a pink-green duochrome with a dash of holo powder, applied over a pale blue base for my index finger and over a black base for the rest of the nails.

For some crazy reason, my photos could only capture the holo when in real life, the pink-green flash is much more prominent while the holo is in the background. I suppose if you squint, you can see that the powder over a black base is slightly green-ish while the powder over the pale blue base has a hint of pink. That's the closest it gets in these photos, weirdly enough, even though in person, the pink flash is very prominent while the green flash is there at acute angles.

[Born Pretty's Holographic Unicorn Nail Powder BX07 over black base and pale blue base]
The first blurry photo is just to show you how much shine there is on the nails, even though I can't photograph the right one. Because I hate curing my nails with a UV lamp, I used Emily de Molly's Special Effects Base Coat for both the base coat before I applied the powder, and as the top coat to seal to powder in. It actually works surprisingly well as a top coat too, even though you do have to leave it to dry for a bit. But that's the exchange for not having to dig up the UV lamp.

Here's where you can find Born Pretty's Holographic Unicorn Nail Powder BX07. And if you do feel like shopping around at Born Pretty, remember you can use our 10% off code below if it's a full price item.


Thank you for checking it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment