; Plisherrific: Goodbye and Hello - Essie Lots of Lux, W7 Rocket

Dec 31, 2015

Goodbye and Hello - Essie Lots of Lux, W7 Rocket

I decided to do a simple mani for New Year's Eve except it kind of looks like a Christmas mani too. Oh well!

[Base: Essie Lots of Lux
Glitter: W7 Rocket]
I really wanted to try out my new polishes which is how this look came to being. 

[Essie Lots of Lux]

As a base polish, I used Essie's Lots of Lux, which is a beautiful, royal blue textured matte nail polish. It has some holographic microglitter. The nail polish dried fast and was a dream to apply.

[Base: Essie Lots of Lux
Glitter: W7 Rocket]
I added W7's Rocket in dabs to the part of the nails closer to the cuticle. I used less dabs of nail polish as I got closer to the middle of the nails, to give it a little bit of a gradient. Rocket has silver and pale teal hex glitter, holo hex glitter and very fine bar glitter.

Then I completed the look by adding a silver square stud on each nail, but tilted so that it looks like a rhombus instead. I think it balances the glitter nicely.

[Base: Essie Lots of Lux
Glitter: W7 Rocket]
I tried out something slightly different with the square studs for my left thumb nail. I actually thought this was a pretty nice look as well but the other one looked cleaner so I used that instead.

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! I hope you have a rocking new year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment