; Plisherrific: Clingy Jeans - Cling-wrap mani with Milani Antique, Essence Into The Dark, studs

Mar 3, 2014

Clingy Jeans - Cling-wrap mani with Milani Antique, Essence Into The Dark, studs


Here's a fun manicure I tried out a year or so ago - a cling-wrap mani (or saran-wrap...) with stud embellishments!

[Additional bling]
I thought it would be pretty cool to use the cling-wrap technique to approximate denim, so here's my attempt!

[Bottle to nail: Milani Antique (2 coats)]
I started out with a base of Milani Antique, a lovely dusty blue creme. I think this was two coats. It dried nice and smooth but not quite opaque at two coats. I wasn't too fussed as I was going to layer the second shade over it.

[Base: Milani Antique (2 coats); Top shade: Essence Into The Dark]
I put Essence Into The Dark from the Vampire's Love trend edition over the top, and quickly pressed over the still-wet polish with some crumpled cling-wrap to make a mottled pattern. I then sealed it over with topcoat as it does dry a bit uneven from where parts have been lifted off.

[Base: Milani Antique (2 coats); Top shade: Essence Into The Dark]
I chose Into The Dark because it's a deeper dusty blue with flecks of silver. It's also amazingly opaque in just one coat. You can see here that I lifted some of the base polish while pressing down so don't press too firmly with your cling-wrap! I guess it could be ripped jeans....

[Base: Milani Antique, Essence Into The Dark; Stitches: Kleancolor Wedding Gown, Tuxedo Black]
I then used some nail art stripers, Kleancolor Wedding Gown and Tuxedo Black to paint on some stitch marks. I first laid a solid line in the black, before marking out the stitches in white. Unfortunately the polish needed a bit more thinning out so my lines weren't as neat as I would have liked!

[Base: Milani Antique, Essence Into The Dark; Stitches: Kleancolor Wedding Gown, Tuxedo Black]
I then dabbed on some clear polish and placed some studs here and there to complete the manicure! Not sure how denim-like the final result really looked, but I did find myself liking the cling-wrap effect - it's a really quick and easy way to make your mani more interesting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment