; Plisherrific: Sweet Filigree - Tribal Colors Liquid Sand Suede Glitter, water decal

Sep 8, 2013

Sweet Filigree - Tribal Colors Liquid Sand Suede Glitter, water decal

I wasn't quite ready to try out this set of water decals yet, but I managed to get a couple wet (don't ask =.=) while moving the decals around so my hand was forced! I would have chosen to do a different base polish, but I had to work with what I had because I needed to move fast.

[Base: Tribal Colors Liquid Sand Suede Glitter
Top: Water decal]
I was still rather impressed honestly, despite my rush job (or maybe because it looks pretty cool despite my rush job!) This is a combination of two decals from the same package. Ev has gone into detail on how to apply water decals, so I won't go into that here. The base polish used here is from Tribal Colors which I reviewed last Thursday.

[Base: Tribal Colors Liquid Sand Suede Glitter
Top: Water decal]
I started with the black decal. The positioning wasn't quite straight, but it's not too noticeable once the white goes on top. I thought that the decal would look strange over a matte polish, like you would be able to tell that it was obviously a decal because of the shiny parts over matte. But the decal is so fine that you really can't see the difference. It looked like I had drawn that on with amazingly steady hands instead. \o/

[Base: Tribal Colors Liquid Sand Suede Glitter
Top: Water decal]
Once I sopped up the excess water, I applied the white decal over it. The set sent to us for review has a combination of white and black decals, which you can see in greater detail here. When they're used individually instead of overlaid like what I did here, I think they would look great when you have an accent nail of a different base colour.

I did go over everything with a top coat to seal it in, but unfortunately, I didn't have enough top coat on the brush and the brush dragged off the decal's paint! What a shame... :(  So learn from my mistakes and if you use a really thin top coat, make sure you have plenty on your brush before you apply it over decals.

Now... I can't wait to get my hands on more water decals after this!

If you're interested in some as well, head on over to Born Pretty and use the following code for a discount!



0 comments:

Post a Comment