; Plisherrific: Winter Fuzz - Covergirl Midnight Magic, OPI Warm and Fozzie

Jun 14, 2013

Winter Fuzz - Covergirl Midnight Magic, OPI Warm and Fozzie


I was super amused to see the post Jme put up yesterday featuring Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in Midnight Magic, because that was exactly what I had just put on and photographed on my nails! I had picked this up a month or two ago half off and only now decided to use it. So I decided to edit these up and post them today as I had added a little extra to my mani. =)

[Staying warm this winter?]
A gradient of shiny foily goodness! After all, what can be better than one sparkly foil polish... but TWO sparkly foil polishes...

[Bottle to nail: Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in Midnight Magic (2 coats)]
As Jme has mentioned, Midnight Magic is a blue foil polish but with an amazing mix of gold, green and pink microglitter. It also appears to have a somewhat duochrome effect at certain angles due to the pink microglitter. Excellent formula - this was two coats but could easily do with one thick one depending on nail length.

[2 coats: Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in Midnight Magic]
A super gorgeous polish, but not only that... it's a dupe for Zoya Fei Fei and OPI On Her Majesty's Secret service! Check out this awesome swatch test featuring all three (Covergirl, Zoya and OPI).

[Base: Covergirl Midnight Magic (2 coats); Tips: OPI Warm and Fozzie]
Anywhooo, I was admiring the sparkly finish and the large foil particles in Midnight Magic when I realised it reminded me of the finishes in some OPIs I own. OPI Warm and Fozzie was just sitting on my desk so, oh happy days, I smacked some on a sponge and set about making a gradient!

[Base: Covergirl Midnight Magic (2 coats); Tips: OPI Warm and Fozzie]
OPI Warm and Fozzie is a foily bronze shade but look closer and there's particles in pink, gold to green, and bronze to gold duochrome! I've included the photo at an angle above to show you the bright gold visible!

Both polishes were an awesome match and due to the colours and particle size, it was super easy to get a gradient without mucking around with multiple sponge layers (this was just one layer).

[Base: Covergirl Midnight Magic (2 coats); Tips: OPI Warm and Fozzie;
Stamping: China Glaze Millenium]
Then I got bored today and stamped a snakeskin pattern (plate BM215) in a silver chrome (China Glaze Millenium) over the top of one nail. It looked a bit too stark just over the top so I lightly sponged the two base polishes over the top again for a more subtle effect. =)

I love playing around with polish, don't you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment