; Plisherrific: Bottled Treasure - More Nail Polish's Coinage, L'oreal Emerald Carat

Mar 31, 2012

Bottled Treasure - More Nail Polish's Coinage, L'oreal Emerald Carat

This is a lovely surprise pressie from Cathy at More Nail Polish. As you may know, my partner-in-crime-and-blogging Ev won Cathy's 'Inspired by' competition, and she was sent three amazing Lynnderella polishes as a prize. Along with these three bottles, Cathy also sent along her own custom nail polish, called Coinage, to be passed on to me. It was such a lovely surprise, and I can't begin to describe how delighted it made me! :D

[Two thick coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]
More Nail Polish's Coinage is so full of glitter, I hardly know where to start. It's really, epically shiny, something a few people took note when I was wearing it. A fellow I just met immediately passed a comment on how shiny it was at a meeting.


[Close-up of More Nail Polish's Coinage in its bottle]
The clear base is chock-full of gold hex glitter of different sizes and varying shades. There are also silver holo microglitter, large silver holo hex glitter, fine holo bar glitter, and red-copper hex glitter. Running between that all are very fine gold microglitter. It's easy to achieve a shiny, full coverage in two to three coats!


[Two thick coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]
Coinage is a warm gold, and I think the red-copper glitter stands out and pulls the eye to the nails very well. The above picture captures the shade of gold best, I feel.

If only I hadn't broken the nail on my pinky finger. The uneven lengths is distracting, but I can't bear to cut the others so short.


[Close-up of More Nail Polish's Coinage on nail]
It's easier to see the different glitter in person and up-close. I'm afraid my photos aren't doing this much justice!


[iPhone photo: Two thick coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]
As usual, I'm including a dodgy looking photo taken with my iPhone, in hopes that you can see some of the shininess that an in-focus shot never quite captures. However, the gold showing up in the iPhone photo is a lot lighter than it really is in person.

I decided to swatch Coinage over a slightly darker colour to see if I could get the fine, gold microglitter to stand out better.


[Base: One coat of L'oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Emerald Carat
Top: Two thin coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]

Not a bad result at all! L'oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Emerald Carat is a dark bronze shade, with a green sheen and gold microglitter. Rather like a swampy green with a gold hue. It's a rather unusual shade to describe, but so very interesting to wear!

With Coinage layered over Emerald Carat, the overall result is a darker, blingy bronze-gold mani! The above picture is showing up darker than it really is in person, but even in the shade, the holo winks out faintly against the darker base. The big hex glitter flashes between pink-blue-green, so it's nice to capture some of it on photo.


[Base: One coat of L'oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Emerald Carat
Top: Two thin coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]
This photo is truer to the colour in real life. Isn't it pretty? I don't know if it's my reading choice of late or just my fanciful imagination, but it makes me feel like I'm looking at a speckled golden dragon egg.


[Close-up photo on nail
Base: One coat of L'oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Emerald Carat
Top: Two thin coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]
Set against a darker base, the close-up of the polish on the nail shows all the different glitter a lot more clearly.


[Base: One coat of L'oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Emerald Carat
Top: Two thin coats of More Nail Polish's Coinage]
And my mandatory iPhone picture for the great shininess!


This blog entry initially caused me a lot of grief, because all the photos I had taken vanished from my camera. I'm not sure what happened, but it's entirely possible that instead of C&P-ing the photos off my camera, I had accidentally pasted them back onto the camera, which will apparently delete the photos instead. So I'm missing all the one-coat, two-coats photos I had taken initially, and had to photograph them all again under poorer light. :(

Oh well, I'll just go stare at my shiny nails to cheer myself up! Thanks again to Cathy for the surprise gift! <3

10 comments:

  1. It looks amazing on you. I'm so glad you like it. I wear this on my toes always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that! I can't wait to wear them on my toes too. They would be so flashy with peep toes on!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really, really are! So very distracting!

      Delete
  3. Wow, great glittering gosh! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha, oh my goodness, I think 'great glittering gosh' has to be a new phrase used among all nail bloggers!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's so neat that Cathy made her own polish! So glitterific :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? Plus, she made it out of so many different glitter, it really is pretty awesome!

      Delete
  5. Wooow that is an amazing poish! So sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is superbly sparkly!

      Delete