; Plisherrific: Tree Decorations - Born Pretty V-shaped nail sequins, Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe

Dec 22, 2017

Tree Decorations - Born Pretty V-shaped nail sequins, Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe

Hello, hello, and seasons greetings! I have a little box of shinies to try out today.


So I got my hands on what I'll call iridescent V-shaped nail sequins from Born Pretty. These are interesting and you can do all sorts of things with them. You have probably seen some pretty shiny flower patterns, made out of these sequins.

I decided to try something more Christmassy in theme.

[Base: Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe
Born Pretty V-shaped nail sequins]

I started with the base of course, which was Orly's Meet Me Under The Mistletoe, a dark green colour with hints of duochrome-blue at extreme angles. Then I stuck on some of the sequins so it would have a passing resemblance to a Christmas  tree.

So, does that pass as a Christmas tree, with an additional nail rhinestone at the top to symbolise a tree topper? I wasn't sure, so I thought I would keep going.

[Base: Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe
Born Pretty V-shaped nail sequins]
More nail rhinestones to represent baubles! :D  These are just regular nail rhinestones.

Then I decided the other nails were too bare so I thought I would add little symbolic Christmas trees.

[Base: Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe
Born Pretty V-shaped nail sequins]
You'll notice in the last two photos, the V-shaped nail sequins seem to have changed colour. So in the earlier photos, the sequins have a distinctive purple to gold duochrome sheen. But in the last two photos, the sequins are of a solid rose-gold shade. Apparently, the top coat to seal in the sequins eats away the layer of duochrome on the sequins to leave a rose-gold shade. If you go without a top coat, it's not likely the sequins would stay on for longer than a day, so it's not something you can skip.

What do you think about the Christmas theme? Did I pull it off?

If you're interested, you can also check out similar items at Born Pretty and use our 10% discount code for full priced items!


0 comments:

Post a Comment