; Plisherrific: Emerald - Zoya Logan, LA Girl Glitter Addict Purge

Jan 14, 2013

Emerald - Zoya Logan, LA Girl Glitter Addict Purge


I did one of these last year, so here's the one for 2013! I've been on the lookout for a nice classic dress in solid emerald but it's really hard to find this colour on its own, for some reason. Last years post was about Tangerine Tango, and coral was everywhere (though admittedly coral/burnt oranges have been around for a really long time, on a fashion timescale). I'm hoping that now that Pantone has picked Emerald as Color of the Year for 2013, we'll be seeing a lot of it popping up everywhere!

[Emerald: Pantone Colour of the Year 2013]
So, here's a manicure along the bright green theme! I've been on the hunt for THE perfect green polish for so long. I have so many greens now, hence the green glitter skittle gradient I did recently. However, I reckon this combination comes pretty close to what I'm looking for!

[Bottle to nail: Zoya Logan (1 coat)]
This is Zoya Logan from the Ornate collection. How gorgeous is this! I also own Ivanka (swatched here), but I've always been disappointed by the sheerness and how the base pulls slightly blue. Now Logan here in these photos is ONE COAT.

[1 coat: Zoya Logan]
ONE COAT, ladies and gentlemen! The base is actually a darkened blue-green as well, but there is a lot of heavy gold shimmer, almost glass-fleck particles that Zoya is famous for. This actually neutralises the colour, preventing the blue from cooling the shade to pine.

[1 coat: Zoya Logan]
You can see that the blue base is visible at my tips, so despite the very impressive pigmentation, it's not really opaque, it's just that in combination with the heavy shimmer, it's not very noticeable at all unless you hold your nails up to the light. I mean, seriously guysss, ONE COAT.

Anyway, my love of bling has been highly documented on Plisherrific, so here's my love of bling coupled with love of green - LA Girl Glitter Addict in Purge.

[Base: Zoya Logan (1 coat); Glitter: LA Girl Glitter Addict in Purge]
Here's one coat over Zoya Logan. Now, the green in Purge is MY IDEAL GREEN.

[Base: Zoya Logan (1 coat); Glitter: LA Girl Glitter Addict in Purge]
Ahhhh, I stared at my nails so hard the whole time I had this manicure on. The different glitter sizes work really well to give a more twinkly effect that uniform glitter sizes would've done.

[Base: Zoya Logan (1 coat); Glitter: LA Girl Glitter Addict in Purge]
In the end, I think this combination might be as close as possible to my perfect green polish! However, a recent addition to my polish collection arrived last week - China Glaze Running in Circles.... will it be THE ONE? =)

Stay tuned to find out....

3 comments:

  1. I know color Im painting my nails tonight:)

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, both with and without the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This mani is so gorgeous! i super like the color for I find it so elegant and classy. Perfect for all season and for any occasion. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete