; Plisherrific: Sunset Stripe - Hit the Bottle Blue Kamikaze, Purple Hooter, Bumble Bee; Chi Chi Fluoro Pink, Ulta3 Atomic OJ

May 13, 2019

Sunset Stripe - Hit the Bottle Blue Kamikaze, Purple Hooter, Bumble Bee; Chi Chi Fluoro Pink, Ulta3 Atomic OJ


My natural nails have grown out quite a bit so seeing as I had a bit more real estate to play with, I decided to do a gradient mani!

[Dust storm]
My initial idea was a sponge mani, but after rummaging around, I found that I have a healthy collection of jelly polishes that would work perfectly for a layered gradient.

Here's what I used: From left to right, Hit the Bottle Blue Kamikaze, Hit the Bottle Purple Hooter, Chi Chi Fluoro Pink, Ulta3 Atomic OJ, Hit the Bottle Bumble Bee.

[Tip to base: Hit the Bottle Blue Kamikaze, Hit the Bottle Purple Hooter,
Chi Chi Fluoro Pink, Ulta3 Atomic OJ, Hit the Bottle Bumble Bee]
I started out with a full coat of Hit the Bottle Bumble Bee, then painted the next 4/5 of the nail with Ulta3 Atomic OJ, the next 3/5 with Chi Chi Fluoro Pink, 2/5 with Hit the Bottle Purple Hooter, and finally the last 1/5 with Hit the Bottle Blue Kamikaze.

[Tip to base: Hit the Bottle Blue Kamikaze, Hit the Bottle Purple Hooter,
Chi Chi Fluoro Pink, Ulta3 Atomic OJ, Hit the Bottle Bumble Bee]
I'm quite pleased with this one, it's a bright pop of colour as Sydney is cooling down for autumn/winter. Picking my shades, I was trying for a sunset to night sky gradient. Although the tips turned out a little bit too dark for a gradual gradient, I think it gives a nice accent this way!


0 comments:

Post a Comment