; Plisherrific: Starry Horizons - Born Pretty Holo Thermal Top Coat, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook

May 10, 2019

Starry Horizons - Born Pretty Holo Thermal Top Coat, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook

Today, I have a top coat colour changing nail polish from Born Pretty to review.

[Starry Horizons]

[Born Pretty Holo Thermal Top Coat &
OPI Can't Find My Czechbook]
This is Born Pretty' Holo Thermal Top Coat, which is basically a top coat with holo microglitter, that goes black when cold and goes a translucent light gray when warm. I chose OPI's Can't Find My Czechbook as my base coat, which is a faded blue creme polish.

[Top Coat: Born Pretty Holo Thermal Top Coat
Base Coat: OPI Can't Find My Czechbook]

With the Holo Thermal Top Coat applied over OPI's Can't Find My Czechbook, my nails looked like I had on a French manicure where it was mostly a dusky blue with black tips, and holo microglitter running through it. It's getting cold where I am and the thermal polish worked beautifully, maintaining the dual colour easily. I love the versatility of this top coat, because it can create a different look just by having a different base colour. My only one complaint would be how strongly it smells in a somewhat unpleasant way.

Here's how the nail polish looked when completely warm or cold.

[Top Coat: Born Pretty Holo Thermal Top Coat
Base Coat: OPI Can't Find My Czechbook]
None of these states were maintained for long. I had to run my nails under warm or cold water to achieve the look. Most of the time, the mani looked like the first photo, which I much preferred.


If you're interested in the Holo Thermal Top Coat, you can find it here, and you can get 10% off with our code for other full price items at Born Pretty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment