; Plisherrific: Lights Out! - Born Pretty BP-BAW02 Dark Chocolate, LA Girl Flamboyant, Missha The Style Lucid #2, ZA #05

Jan 21, 2019

Lights Out! - Born Pretty BP-BAW02 Dark Chocolate, LA Girl Flamboyant, Missha The Style Lucid #2, ZA #05


Okay.. so it's no secret that I love glitter. SO MUCH! What I don't love is the removal of glitter polish. SO MUCH!

[Super luxe]
Now, I know peel-off glitter base has been around for a while, but the ones I've tried have a really thick formula and take forever to dry so I've never really used them much. I decided to give it a go again recently and chose this item for review from Born Pretty. This is BP-BAW02 Dark Chocolate from the Born Pretty White Black Series Peel Off Nail Polish.

[Bottle to nail: Born Pretty Peel Off Nail Polish BP-BAW02 Dark Chocolate (1 coat)]
Don't be fooled by the name! Based on the product page, I was aware that I was purchasing a black polish, and not any sort of chocolate-related colour.

[1 coat: Born Pretty BP-BAW02 Dark Chocolate]
Onto the polish itself.. I LOVE IT. It is super super pigmented, this is just one-coat, no topcoat. Thin-to-medium formula and quick dry time. Even if it doesn't work as a nail polish, I would love it just as a black one-coater base for sheer or glitter polishes!

[Left to right: LA Girl Flamboyant, Missha The Style Lucid #2, ZA #05]
So to give it a go, I then did a french glitter gradient and an gradient accent nail with the polishes above. Interesting note, that ZA polish is one of the first nail polishes I coveted and purchased when I was a teenager. It thickened up over time, but late last year, I saved it with some polish thinner and I'm pleased as punch with myself!

[Base: Born Pretty BP-BAW02 Dark Chocolate (1 coat)
Glitter: LA Girl Flamboyant, Missha The Style Lucid #2, ZA #05]
So after doing the glitter gradients, I topped off with two generous coats of topcoat to smooth it all out. I then wore this mani for about a week to try it out, as one of my gripes about peel off basecoat previously is that sometimes it just peels itself off after a shower.

[One Piece!]
Glad to say I had no issues here and it only came off when I started picking at it intentionally. As you can see above, it came off nicely in one piece on the accent nails! I managed to peel it off the other nails, but not in a nice whole piece which I'm pretty sure is I didn't coat the entire nail in glitter so it was only a single thin layer of the black polish so it was harder to get off in one piece.

Overall, I'm really happy with this product and can see myself making use of it heaps in future! You can check it out here - it also comes in white! As usual, code above will give you 10% off full priced products at Born Pretty. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment