; Plisherrific: Yee Haw - Born Pretty Western Memory L002, Born Pretty Dark Amor

Aug 8, 2019

Yee Haw - Born Pretty Western Memory L002, Born Pretty Dark Amor

Here's an unusual plate that was sent to us for review!

[Born Pretty Western Memory L002 Stamping Plate]
The above is Born Pretty's Western Memory L002, a Western themed stamping plate. 

[Born Pretty Dark Amor
Born Pretty Western Memory L002 Stamping Plate]
Here's how the packaging looks. I like this gold and white look that they've got going, rather pretty. The stamping nail polish is Born Pretty's Dark Amor which was also sent to us for review. I took it out of it's box for this photo so you could better see the colour.

[Base: Born Pretty Mystery
Stamping: Born Pretty Dark Amor stamping polish,
Born Pretty Western Memory L002 Stamping Plate]
Okay so... I clearly made a mistake choosing Born Pretty Mystery (a gift, which I reviewed previously here) to go with this stamping polish. I thought pink and red should go okay together, without taking into account that the holo does make the stamping pattern hard to see! Oops...?

I think you can sort of see that the index finger is a butterfly with a sword, the middle finger is a cowboy hat with flowers/vegetation in it, the ring finger is a gun with a rose, and the pinkie finger is a llama I think! Unusual, as I said!

I did try other patterns as well but they didn't look very good, mostly due to my own fault. The only other pattern that really turned out okay was this one:  

[Base: Born Pretty Mystery
Stamping: Born Pretty Dark Amor stamping polish,
Born Pretty Western Memory L002 Stamping Plate]
If it isn't obvious, it's two cacti and the word SALOON across the bottom. What really impressed me about this one is how prettily the circles turned out, haha.

So first, let me talk about Dark Amor. It's a bright red creme stamping polish and it stamps beautifully. That is a great and easy to use stamping polish. Western Memory L002's patterns are very nicely etched to the stamping plate and I say this because I've had trouble with stamping plates in the past that aren't etched deeply enough. There's not issue with stamping when it comes to this one.

Most of the stamping issues I had was due to my mistake of choosing a red stamping polish to go with a pink holo base. The only real problem I had with Western Memory L002 as a stamping plate was how close and thick some of the patterns were and the size of some of the patterns.

I stamped some of the patterns on a white paper so you can see them better:

[Patterns from Born Pretty Dark Amor stamping polish and
Born Pretty Western Memory L002 Stamping Plate]
They did turn out quite well and easy to see against white, but you can see the size of some of these patterns are kind of big and wide. It was pretty hard to see what some of these patterns were on my narrow nails. Maybe if you have wider nails, they would be clearer. Also, the patterns being so thick and close together made them harder to see clearly as well.


Our code above will give you 10% off full priced items at Born Pretty. You can find the stamping plate here, and the stamping polish here. Enjoy your shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment