; Plisherrific: Rippling Change - Dance Legend Wind of Change, Composure, Hex

Jan 25, 2018

Rippling Change - Dance Legend Wind of Change, Composure, Hex

I'm trying something new here! So this is a result of combining colour changing nail polish with dry 'water marbling' mani. What do you think?

[Ripple Changes]
I kind of love the result. And the look of it just changes all the time, which keeps it even more interesting.

So, how I started was to apply 'water marbling' on my silicone nail art mat. I go into more detail on my method in this post.  I tried a couple different colours and drew two different patterns just so I could get a feel of the nail polishes and which colours would go well together.


[Water marble on silicone nail art mat]
Here's the mani peeled off the silicone nail art mat. I chose 9 with the same colours, and one for an accent nail to see how it would end up looking on my nails. The nail polishes I used were Dance Legend Wind of Change, Dance Legend Composure, and Dance Legend Hex. It's a Dance Legend theme!

Wind of Change is a blue to purple thermal colour changing nail polish with scattered holo microglitter. Ev and I have reviewed that in the past here and here.

I can't believe I don't have a swatch and review of Dance Legend Composure. I'll remedy that as soon as I have access to my nail polishes again, because that's a gorgeous nail polish. Composure is a pale gold to medium pink thermal colour change polish with larger silver flecks.

I also used Dance Legend Hex, a dusty red to almost-black rusty red thermal colour change nail polish which you can see a review of here.

I'll go through how I paired them below.

[Dance Legend Wind of Change
Dance Legend Composure]
Here, I was mainly feeling warm, so you can see just a slight colour change. You can see a more obvious colour change in the first picture of this post, up above. For this, I have paired Wind of Change with Composure. Composure is pale gold, almost silver against my nail bed, and is slightly pink at the tips of my nails. Wind of Change is blue against my nail bed, with a hint of purple towards the tips of my nails. I love how this looks.


[Accent nail: Dance Legend Hex, Dance Legend Composure
Other nails: Dance Legend Wind of Change, Dance Legend Composure]
On my other hand, there's the same pairing of Wind of Change with Composure, but for the accent nail, I have paired Composure with Hex instead. So you can see Hex is the part that is dusty red against the nail bed and a very deep red towards the tips. The contrast for Composure against Hex is more obvious when warm.


[Dance Legend Wind of Change
Dance Legend Composure]
In comparison, this is how the mani looked when I was feeling pretty cold during the day. Everything has colour changed. The contrast of Wind of Change's purple against Composure's pink is not very obvious here.


[Dance Legend Wind of Change
Dance Legend Composure]
Here's how the mani look when it was very cold, later that night. By the way, this mani was done when it was still winter last year, so the colour change was very prominent. You can see the difference in colour between the two different polishes much more clearly now. Wind of Change's purple was very deep and Composure's pink was pretty bright as well under the colder temperature.


[Dance Legend Wind of Change
Dance Legend Composure]
Here's another daytime photo of the mani to show how different fingers can have different looks as well, just depending on which one feels colder.

This was such a delightful mani for me! :D  The only downside is that as you know, it does use a bit more nail polish to do water marbling than just plain straight application. But I don't think it made such a huge dent, and the end result is worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment