; Plisherrific: Broken Tooth - Savvy Carnivale, Konad m63

Apr 11, 2016

Broken Tooth - Savvy Carnivale, Konad m63


Sometimes, stamping doesn't go as you imagined... 

[Mm..blah]
This is one of those times! I tried to take flattering pics but eh... not sure how much success I had!

[Bottle to nail: Savvy Carnivale (3 coats)]
I started out with a base of Savvy Carnivale, a glitter-packed polish that Jme has already reviewed (with lovely photos!) here.

[3 coats: Savvy Carnivale]
It's a nice mix of colours but I took three coats to get to opacity and wasn't a fan of the dry time or thickness, unfortunately.

[3 coats: Savvy Carnivale]
On the other hand, it wasn't too hard to get smooth!

[Base: Savvy Carnivale; Stamping: Konad plate m63]
So, in my head, I had an idea of a glitterbomb with a crisp black pattern over the top for some contrast. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as planned! I think the chaotic glitter, plus the fact that the silver glitter bits seem to reflect quite dark for some reason, ended up blurring the houndstooth design (from Konad plate m63). I thought it was pretty hard to make out what it was meant to be!

Anyway, a concept to try again another day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment