; Plisherrific: King Under the Mountain - Revlon Chocolate Drizzle, More Nail Polish Coinage

Jan 2, 2014

King Under the Mountain - Revlon Chocolate Drizzle, More Nail Polish Coinage

So a group of us went to watch the Hobbit. Oh, yeaaah! DRAGON! :D  Like Ev, I too did a Smaug inspired mani, though it's far less colourful than Ev's! Obviously, the inspiration is dragon scales and treasuuuuuure.

[Base polish: Revlon Chocolate Drizzle
Snake Foil
Tips: More Nail Polish Coinage]
The base polish is Revlon's Chocolate Drizzle, which is a medium to dark chocolate brown with a silver shimmer. On top of that is a brown foil of scales. I love the foil, which I think is meant to be a snake pattern. Snake, dragon, eh, same difference. :P The main colour of the foil are different shades of brown, with gold outlining the scales. The different brown shades give the foil such a nice depth.

I used More Nail Polish's Coinage on the tips, which is such a gorgeous nail polish and perfect for this mani because it has all this gold, silver and red glitter. (The full swatch of Coinage can be found here.) After that, I added a few gold, red and silver rhinestones to the tips as well.

[Base polish: Revlon Chocolate Drizzle
Snake Foil
Tips: More Nail Polish Coinage]
As this was inspired by Smaug, I was hoping to do a mani that looks like dragon scales, with treasure clinging to the underbelly. I think it turned out quite well!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay, look at you still using Coinage! I made a new bottle for a winner on my blog last month and it's now part of my little 'PAWS' collection. There are now three of us with a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do still use Coinage and it remains my top gold glitter polish despite my countless other gold polishes. It just has the perfect balance in colour and glitter sizes. :) It's pretty awesome to hear that I'm one in three who owns it!

      I hope you enjoy The Hobbit!

      Delete
  2. And your mani looks super awesome too. I'm hoping to see the movie next week.

    ReplyDelete