; Plisherrific: 4 out of 365 - Funfetti, Summer Dream, Mint Chip, Cotton Candy

Jun 7, 2012

4 out of 365 - Funfetti, Summer Dream, Mint Chip, Cotton Candy

I have here swatches of four nail polishes from indie lacquer seller 365 Days of Color. One of the recent trends seem to be creme polishes with glitter in them, with the glitter appearing matte since they're mixed in with the creme polish. I love this look!

[Ring finger: Two coats of 365 Days of Color Summer Dream
Others: Three coats of 365 Days of Color Funfetti]
Funfetti is a tonne of colourful hex glitter, with some square and bar glitter, in a white creme base. Some of the glitter look holo in the bottle, but on the nail, they're not with the white over it. I quite like it that way!

Summer Dream is the pale blue-teal version of Funfetti. It might look duller against Funfetti, but I think it's just as pretty actually. The both of them look a little like modern day abstract art, and because they don't look obviously like glitter, I had someone ask me if I painted the patterns on!


[Ring finger: Two coats of 365 Days of Color Summer Dream
Others: Three coats of 365 Days of Color Funfetti]
The only downside with Funfetti and Summer Dream are the bar glitter. You might be able to see one or two on the Funfetti nails where they are lying on their side and curled. It seems it's now a known issue where some - not all - of the bar glitter curl. I had an odd few that lay flat the first day, but curled up at the ends the next day to poke through the white base. Odd! I clipped the ends off, because even though only a little pokes out, they're pointy and scratchy.

The exterior of Funfetti and Summer Dream are pastel creme prettiness, but they're total glitterbombs at heart, so be sure to wear a base coat!


[Ring finger: Three coats of 365 Days of Color Cotton Candy
Others: Two coats of 365 Days of Color Mint Chip over Essence Viva La Green]
365 Days of Color's Mint Chip is an unexpected favourite. It has small, black square glitter in a very pale green base, and it really, really, really looks like chocolate chip mint ice-cream! How delicious! The colour was just a tad too pale for me, so I used Essence Viva La Green as the base. Mint Chip is very nearly opaque at two coats, so it was just enough to let a little green through.

Cotton Candy has blue and dark pink/red hex glitter in a white base. The glitter coverage was a little sparse for me, sadly. I could sort of tell by eye-balling the bottle, but attempts to shake the bottle furiously didn't work either.


[Ring finger: Three coats of 365 Days of Color Cotton Candy
Others: Two coats of 365 Days of Color Mint Chip over Essence Viva La Green]
The black glitter sinks to the bottom of Mint Chip, but a couple shakes bring enough to the top for a good coverage. You can see that the Mint Chip mani here is a shade greener than the colour in the bottle.


[Three coats of 365 Days of Color Mint Chip with a bottle of Mint Chip]
I did Mint Chip with no undies on my right hand. You can see it's just a little paler than the mani in earlier photos, and it's closer to the colour in the bottle. The polish in the bottle looks almost white with just a touch of green, but it's not that light on the nails.

I bought full bottles of Funfetti and Summer Dream, and minis of Mint Chip and Cotton Candy. I kinda wish I went with a full bottle of Mint Chip!

My right hand has sort-of-round nails and my left has squoval nails. I can't decide which look to go with, and there's still a big chip that I'm nursing on my left hand!

1 comment:

  1. omgash i love mint chip! it looks so simple in the bottle, but its really pretty on the nails :D

    ReplyDelete