; Plisherrific: Spring Flowers - Sally Hansen Crush on Blue, Sinful Colors Purple Kraze, Ulta3 Honolulu

Sep 21, 2017

Spring Flowers - Sally Hansen Crush on Blue, Sinful Colors Purple Kraze, Ulta3 Honolulu

So it's been awhile but I think it's time for some dry water marbling using a silicone nail art mat.

[Spring Flowers]
Isn't this a lovely and bright colour combination?

[Sally Hansen Crush on Blue, Sinful Colors Purple Kraze, Ulta3 Honolulu
on Born Pretty's silicone nail art mat]
I started with a clear base polish, which I find is necessary otherwise it all kind of falls apart when you peel the mani off the silicone nail art mat. Then I did thick stripes of different coloured nail polish and dragged through the stripes using a toothpick to create the patterns above.

The nail polishes I used were Sally Hansen's Crush on Blue (such a pretty light blue creme polish), Sinful Colors' Purple Kraze (lovely purple matte polish), and Ulta3 Honolulu (a bright yellow creme polish).

[Sally Hansen Crush on Blue, Sinful Colors Purple Kraze, Ulta3 Honolulu]
Above, I've applied a base coat and then pressed on the nail polish patches to my nails before the base coat dried. I hadn't applied the top coat yet. I actually prefer the semi-matte look without the top coat, and the colours look more vibrant too. But if you don't seal it with a top coat, the mani really doesn't last.

[Sally Hansen Crush on Blue, Sinful Colors Purple Kraze, Ulta3 Honolulu]
And here it is with the top coat and the glossy finish.

I do feel like dry water marbling is quite a bit of work but I have to say, I love how it turns out and I particularly love this combination of colours for this pattern.

0 comments:

Post a Comment