; Plisherrific: Tangerine Tango - Milani Just Juicy + Konad White

Jan 2, 2012

Tangerine Tango - Milani Just Juicy + Konad White


HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It's 2012 - a braaaannnnd new year! Once again, Pantone has picked the "Pantone Color of the Year" and this time it's Tangerine Tango. Check out their site for more information on this bright cheery colour!


I think it's not too much of a surprise - oranges and corals have been quite popular for a while. I actually thought it was a bit of a dated choice (in the fashion and high-street fashion sense) but I do love me some orange shades!

There are so many different shades of orange, depending on which colour system you use so I went with the one that matched as closely as possible to what it looked like on my screen. Here's Milani Just Juicy!

[Indirect sunlight: Milani Just Juicy (3 coats)]
It's a bright juicy orange that applies like a dream. It's a bit of a jelly so I used three coats to prevent visible nail line. There's a faint pastelly pink undertone(!) in certain lights (which doesn't show up in the photos) but the fine gold shimmer running throughout warms it up.

[Indirect sunlight: Milani Just Juicy (3 coats)]
How cheerful is that! Orange is such a pick-me-up! I couldn't let well enough alone though... and Konad-ed somewhat messily over the top with Konad Special Polish in White.

[Base: Milani Just Juicy (3 coats) + Stamping: Konad Special Polish White]
I really like this colour combination, but there were large gaps in the pattern and my nails are fairly small so a lot of the tip ended up blank. It looks messy because I used the leftover polish from the side of the pattern to stamp over the blank spaces.

[Base: Milani Just Juicy (3 coats) + Stamping: Konad Special Polish White]
This pattern makes me want to do a TRON-inspired black base with a blue chrome stamp over the top!

Okely dokely - here's to a great year ahead!!! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment