; Plisherrific: Froooty Funtimes - Milani 3D Holographic Hi-tech + China Glaze Strawberry Fields

Nov 20, 2011

Froooty Funtimes - Milani 3D Holographic Hi-tech + China Glaze Strawberry Fields


I thought I'd do a bit of a happy springtime (in Australia, at least) post. This is an old mani from a while ago so pardon the photo quality (and ohgosh, tip wear).

I used a base of Milani 3D Holographic polish in Hi-Tech - a springy green scattered holo. I find all of the Milani 3D Holographic polishes to have a quite "silvery" finish (if that makes sense) so even though the nail is completely coated, it doesn't seem like a solid colour. The holo effect is quite strong even in normal/dim light.

The tips are China Glaze Strawberry Fields. It's a bright pink jelly/shimmer with gold glass fleck but it dulled down a bit when put over the green. It's usually quite eye-catching!

[Base: Milani 3D Holographic Hi-Tech; Tips: China Glaze Strawberry Fields]
[Accent nail: Various rhinestones + Fimo fruit slices]
Then I just stuck a craptonne of naildeco on the ring finger. In this particular one, I have used 2mm and 1.5mm round rhinestones, stars/teardrop/moon, flatback pearls and fimo fruit slices.

These things benefit from a little planning! I usually lay everything I want flat-side down first, with a bottle of clear polish (to stick them on, preferably slow-drying) and wooden skewer (to pick and place deco with).

All you need to do is put a layer of your clear polish on where you want the deco to go. Daub some polish on the end of your skewer so it's tacky enough to pick up the rhinestones. Go crazy decorating!

Then seal with a brushload of topcoat - seriously, the more the better! Make a nice shiny layer over all the crap you've put on your nail to make sure it stays put.

[Base: Milani 3D Holographic Hi-Tech; Tips: China Glaze Strawberry Fields]
[Accent nail: Various rhinestones + Fimo fruit slices]

I love using deco accents but I have a terrible habit at picking them off quite quickly! The feeling of something sticking out of my nail... I just have to worry at it... oh well. =)

Enjoy the reverse watermelon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment