; Plisherrific: Basket Weave - Covergirl Midnight Magic, Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Stamping plate A by Cheeky

Sep 9, 2016

Basket Weave - Covergirl Midnight Magic, Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Stamping plate A by Cheeky

More stamping but with old plates this time!

[My metallic weave]

The base is CoverGirl's Midnight Magic and I have stamped over it with Hit the Bottle Chromeo, a silver chrome stamping nail polish. Now as for the stamping plate...

[Stamping plate A by Cheeky]
This is jumbo stamping plate A by Cheeky which I bought in 2012 on Amazon. I looked through Amazon and was amazed that they do still sell it and you can find one here. Back in 2012, I bought it and then left it to languish in a drawer until I dug it out now to test it out. There really are a lot of patterns here! Look at how shiny this untouched stamping plate is, hah.

The pattern I chose is the one with the dark pink rectangle around it. The stamping didn't go too badly I think.

[Base: CoverGirl Midnight Magic
Stamping: Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Stamping plate A by Cheeky]
The only hard time I had with this pattern was stamping it on straight. As you can see, some of them are more diagonal than straight, oops. Oh well. I think it turned out pretty well. Chromeo is a basic silver chrome but it stamps like a dream.

As for the stamping plate, I'm not crazy about this 2012 Cheeky stamping plates. I tested some of the other designs from a couple other plates and some of the lines were just too fine. Even when you could pick up the fine lines, they were often barely visible on the nails when stamped. That's not to say that the plates are a write off. I found most of their geometrical patterns tended to be better, probably because they had slightly thicker lines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment