; Plisherrific: Scratch and Shine - Gold Leather Effect nail transfer foil

May 26, 2014

Scratch and Shine - Gold Leather Effect nail transfer foil


Who loves transfer foils? It's no secret that I do! Here's a gorgeous one that I did last year...

[Antique gold..]
Isn't it pretty! I love the antique distressed look over the pale gold.

[Bottle to nail: China Glaze Millenium (1 coat)]
I started out with a base of China Glaze Millenium, a beautiful silver chrome. There are minor brushstrokes but nothing too bad. I figured a nice chrome base would work well with the transfer foil even if they weren't the same shade.

[Base: China Glaze Millenium (1 coat); Foil: Gold Leather Effect ]
Here we go! If you need a refresher on how to apply nail transfer foils, click through our foils tag to take a look at some examples and application tips. As you can see on my index finger, there were a few bald patches, but they blended in alright with the base silver.

[Base: China Glaze Millenium (1 coat); Foil: Gold Leather Effect ]
This foil is called "Gold Leather Effect" and I can see why they named it that. It does remind me a lot of scratched up antique gold finish though, especially how it has a slightly matte sheen to it. It's certainly a gorgeous one and a mani I wouldn't mind repeating so if anyone comes across it, definitely snap it up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment